January 25, 2011
Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul
RE: Easter Recollection for the Liturgical Ministers
and Parish Staff
My brothers in the priestly ministry:
The annual recollection of our lay liturgical ministers and parish workers will be held as usual at the Lay Formation Center in Bonuan Gueset, Dagupan City according to the following schedule:
1. For lectors and commentators on April 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30
2. For Social Action Ministers (ASAP) on April 20
3. For Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion on May 7, 14, 21 and 28
4. For Music Ministers on June 4
5. For Parish Staff, Sacristans and Secretaries on June 10
6. For Collectors and Ushers on June 11
The Easter recollection schedule will be from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm focusing on the Spirituality of Stewardship. The registration fee will be PhP200 to include food and the use of the facilities.
Following the spirit of the liturgical season, the lay liturgical ministers, social action ministers and catechists will be blessed within the Principal Parish Mass on Pentecost Sunday which falls on June 12 this year. The appropriate liturgical rites for the occasion will be sent out to you in due time.
I encourage you to animate your lay liturgical ministers about the value of formation programs such as these. True lay empowerment can be achieved only through a systematic and holistic lay formation. Thank you for the steady support.
+SOCRATES B. VILLEGAS
Archbishop of Lingayen Dagupan
The Roman Catholic
Archdiocese of Lingayen-Dagupan
(Central Pangasinan, Philippines)