The Roman Catholic
Archdiocese of Lingayen-Dagupan
(Central Pangasinan, Philippines)
July 31, 2010, Memorial of St. Ignatius of Loyola, religious
Circular Number 09/ 2010
RE: New Religious Communities in the Archdiocese
Dear brother priests and brothers and sisters in consecrated life:
Please be informed of the arrival in the Archdiocese of Lingayen of some communities of men and women in consecrated life to assist us in the various pastoral programs in Central Pangasinan.
1. The Marian Missionaries of the Holy Cross (MMHC) are religious brothers and priests engaged in campus ministry among the public high schools within our archdiocese. They conduct high school missions promoting the praying of the rosary and motivating the youth to go to confession.
2. The Pious Worker Sisters of the Immaculate Conception (POIC) are religious sisters engaged in college campus ministry in the university area of Dagupan City. They provide adult catechesis and counseling services for college students and faculty members.
3. The Dominican Sisters of Saint Catherine of Siena (OP) have also started to help us in the ongoing formation of volunteer catechists.
4. The Augustinian Missionary Sisters will establish their first community in the Philippines in our archdiocese God willing by October 2010 again to help in adult catechesis among college students and young professionals and help in the formation of BEC’s in selected parishes.
5. We are now in the advanced phase of preparing for the establishment of a monastery for the Order of Saint Clare in Malasiqui. The prayers and sacrifices of contemplative sisters are our secret source of strength in our pastoral ministry.
I commend our religious sisters and brothers to your fraternal prayers and pastoral solicitude. We are partners in the mission of evangelization.
+SOCRATES B. VILLEGAS
Archbishop of Lingayen Dagupan